Bottle of hydrogen peroxide on counter
Home - Garden
Avoid This Mistake At All Costs When Using Hydrogen Peroxide To Clean
Hydrogen peroxide is a useful cleaning tool that is generally considered safe, non-toxic, and eco-friendly. However, it can still cause harm if ingested or if it touches bare skin.
Many people have used hydrogen peroxide to treat cuts and scrapes in the past, but this is no longer recommended. Even small concentrations between 3% to 5% can be harmful.
If ingested, it can cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting, and haematemesis, while direct contact with skin can result in severe irritation, burning, and blisters.
Always wear gloves, keep it away from children and pets, and store it in a cool, shaded area. Never mix it with vinegar, which results in harmful and corrosive peracetic acid.