Cute young black and white dog sits on a comfortable blue sofa in front of a window. He hangs his paws over the arm of the chair and looks away from the camera. His tongue is hanging out and he looks happy and content.
Home - Garden
Think Twice Before Planting Morning Glories If You Own A Dog
Morning glories, although stunning, contain naturally occurring compounds called lysergic alkaloids, specifically in their seeds, which can be toxic to dogs if ingested.
While your dog probably won’t snack on the vines themselves, they might be tempted by the seeds, especially when the seed pods dry and split open.
Once ingested, your dog could experience symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, and in severe cases, hallucinations, tremors, and liver failure.
The toxic dose depends on your dog’s size and sensitivity, and the specific species of morning glory. If you think your dog has ingested them, seek immediate veterinary care.