Herbal and oil treatment equipment in relaxing spa scene in glass jars with wooden sticks
Home - Garden
Why You Should Stop Using Reed Diffusers Immediately
Scented candles are a great way to freshen up your home and set a specific mood and atmosphere, but they can pose a serious fire hazard. Luckily, products like reed diffusers are flameless scented products that diffuse essential oils into the air naturally, but they may not be the safest option if you have young children or pets.
Reed diffusers are made up of essential oils that release a nice smell, but isopropyl alcohol is usually added to help disperse their scent. If ingested, it can cause a variety of health issues such as vomiting, internal bleeding, and, in extreme cases, dehydration, shock, and coma.
Many scents are toxic for pets and can cause a variety of health issues; specifically, citrus scents can cause hallucinogenic effects and breathing troubles for cats. The respiratory system of cats and dogs is a lot more sensitive than humans, so it is highly recommended to place reed diffusers out of reach and check with a vet to ensure the scents are safe.