Parsnip freshly harvested from the garden
Home - Garden
Why You'll Want To Stay Away From Wild Parsnip Plants
An aggressive perennial, wild parsnip is a highly invasive plant that is extremely toxic to the touch. It can spread quickly and harm not only humans but also plants and animals.
There's poison in this plant's sap, which contains something called furanocoumarins, chemicals that react to UV light to cause phytophotodermatitis on human skin.
Breaking or touching the plant may cause severe burns, blisters, skin discoloration, and sensitivity to sunlight that can last for years, with the symptoms showing within two days.